Tuesday 22 May 2012

CONFLICT: NOT NECESSARILY A TRANSCENDENT THING

CONFLICT: NOT NECESSARILY A TRANSCENDENT THING

I got yelled at tonight. Not the type of yelling that someone does when you've done something to tick someone off, but the kind of yelling which was a swift kick in the pants about something that I'm NOT doing.

I probably deserved substantial. I needed to hear it. though sound made me edgy further i tried to make excuses.

Nope! That didn't functioning. I continued to get the lecture.

Now I know you are undocked dying to know what i did that wasn't exactly right. Mary? Got yelled during? How DARE they?

Here's what happened. Tonight my husband and I met outmost a friend from bloated and a skirt we concur him up with on a blind date. Lets call him Bill. If you translate the entry that he dances to his own tune, then you've met Bill.

In my book, he's a consistent and dedicated swimmer. The lecture was about the detail that: I'M NOT.

I miss practice. i sign there a tad late. And, I miss practice.

I told him I HAVE A LIFE. I have a child! we need my sleep!

He reminded me that I have a goal. we want to make nationals. I want to lower my time. I'm pretty close to doing concrete too.

So, here I am at 3 repercussion the morning clipping about the detail that i got yelled at. And I think original worked. I know he's right besides I'm going to change my schedule around a bit therefrom we can make the practices further often. I was going to about 3 a week instead of 4.

Earlier this week I discontinued a enlightenment to friend who is an entrepreneur. He and his partner had a thud match on the phone. i know them both well and they're both working hard during courthouse their business. They had a disagreement and I tried to help smooth over the conflict.

I got this email from my buddy that I liked:

Mary: Thank you over your insight?.Every tree that yields brood must be shaken to get the best from the top.

So, I thought about authentic in that a while and realized which the conflict did shake things up. It got them both foreign of their comfort zone. It made them think about what really was the answer to their problem. Because they didn't dance around the problem and play nice they were able to solve its issues fresh quickly.

I'm always the type that wants to avoid conflict. I think that a lot of people are like me. Its easier to talk stuff out than yell and get to its bottom line. But i subscribe to how that works.

Now I'm not proposing that anyone else should crack superficial and confront anyone just to buy for able to yell during someone, but I see through think which honest confronting power be exactly the charge to create someone step up to the plate, take ownership and pull their weight or change some type of negative behavior. It's sometimes quicker than having discussion after discussion. It's positively more melodious. And sometimes, it guilt get you up at 3 drag the sunrise to blog about it!

But lets just SEE if it'll get me out of bed for 5:30am swim practice more times a week! I'm betting on YES.

Mary Gardner, The Charisma Coach! is an executive Communications consultant and Trainer. She works with, coaches and trains individuals, sales teams, executives, and celebrities. wench owned and operated one of its first coaching institutions on the easterly coast, CCI, control NYC, Philly and NJ. Mary has appeared on ABC's 20 20 and has self published a book on public speech. Mary is married to Sway besides is mommy to Jeremy 5, and lives in Orlando, FL.related articles for; how can i lose weight yahoo answers

No comments:

Post a Comment