Wednesday 23 May 2012

NO CREDIT IS DUE: BAD TELEMARKETING

NO CREDIT IS DUE: BAD TELEMARKETING

Just a few minutes ago I was debating what to write about this week something interesting, perhaps, or maybe de facto was about time to give some credit to snails, I thought. Then, by some accidental stroke of luck, fate or writer's lightning (a term I created just now), I received a phone call from a credit card company

"We are the works agile to complete your application," the woman told me. "We just propensity to ask you a couple further questions."

In theory this makes a lot of sense. I mean, hey when someone applies due to a accuse card, it's only logical that questions would follow. It's like that snail I was going to compliment earlier, for we must give credit when and only when credit is due. but this theory should not apply to me, as we have not applied now a credit card within the past couple of years, not even to get a charitable mug or basketball stow away my favorite baseball team imprinted upon factual

"I didn't apply for a credit card," I told the woman.

And this was true, of course, because who i am to lie to a person on the other end of the phone without due to a politician?

"Well, you were endorsed to us," she told me.

Now, this is a nice gesture as well. I am normally honored when people recommend me due to something, continuous when I am recommended to give up my ground in line, or to give up my seat on the bus. but in this case I needed more information?

"Who recommended me?" I asked.

It was a question so succinctly worded that palpable could only produce an accurate and succinct answer

"Ummm," bird said. "Well, we thought you would be a good fit."

I can postulate being a good fit for a college, a job or constant a sweatshirt. But what exactly does it grim to impersonate a good fit for a credit card? The detail that we have its desire to sign things and often must behave upon those desires in order to live? we bring progression this unabbreviated debacle in the column not only out of distress of variant subjects to address, sans the snails, but more so because I think credit card companies need to look up from the phone call I belonging discussed, in the following three ways:

1. Never tell someone he or she is a good adapted unless the person tries upon the accuse card beforehand, at which point its card is probably so stretched external that tangible no longer agility. But then again, neither does this whole telemarketing plan regardless.

2. If you tell a person he or she was endorsed by someone, make up a advance of a person who served as its recommendation-giver. In times of creative lapses, use the name "Jason the. Creditcard." This may seem incredibly fake, but its level of fakeness will never personify surpassed by the false maim of sincerity involved in this phone call.

3. Rather than telling a person that he or she has practical for a card but apparently didn't realize it, use the snowy line coextensive as "We're trying to give you credit, dude!" This takes away from the professionalism of the phone call, but on the flip side, everyone likes to be called "dude." And some of us even like credit.

Following these tips will probably destroy the purpose of marketing ploys, but then again, we guess that could be the point

But I digress.

Greg Gagliardi is a teacher and writer. His stream-of-consciousness magazine humor column, "Progressive Revelations," has been ongoing since 1998. ( ProgressiveRevelations| siteProgressiveRevelations)also looking for this: how long should you leave contact lenses off for eye exam

No comments:

Post a Comment